OPTIMIZING THE QUALITY OF THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY THROUGH TOUCHPOINT ANALYSIS
Touchpoint analysis includes measures of quality at customer touchpoints.
Customer contact quality is influenced by a variety of customer touchpoints, including the following:
- Indirect communication measures (for example, advertising, sweepstakes, homepage, flyers, SEM, customer magazine, comparison portals, reports on TV, radio, or publications.
- Internet forums, expert reviews, tests, social media groups, etc.).
- Direct communication measures (for example, direct mailing, direct call, promotion, recommendation, customer card, inquiry, lead, complaint).
- POS communication (shop window, product presentation, stopper, digital signage, etc.).
- Interaction with employees (call center, hotline, service center, sales staff, reception, consultant, merchandiser, promoter, brand ambassador, etc.).
Synonymously used terms are analysis of customer touchpoints, customer journey and moments of truth. Customer journey analyses usually cover a complete customer journey with all phases. Moments of Truth focus on selected decision factors.
Touchpoint analyses are used in all industries.
Together with the customer, concertare defines relevant touchpoints and survey methods tailored to them. Benchmark data and best practice models for efficient touchpoint analysis exist for many industries.
Which touchpoints are important to you?